Many of us do it every year, keep up for a couple of weeks, maybe months and then forget about it. Yup, I am talking about the New Year resolutions. The resolution can be just about anything; the most popular are: exercise more, lose weight, eat more healthy and learn a new skill or hobbies. The workplace is no different, although not as popular as resolutions for our private life, they can be great for us as well.
Here are a few ideas for workplace resolution:
- Learn something new, get out of the office and take that training that you really want to have and never has time for it.
- Step out of your comfort zone – ask to be transfer to another department or even a different location, follow your dreams, get out of the comfort zone and invest on your future.
- Listen more – we spend so much time talking that sometimes tend to forget that listening is even more important.
- Mentoring, coaching – We never has time to develop our staff, we need to make time and start developing those diamonds on the rough.
- Make new contacts – leave early and participate from that get to together from your professional association, meet new people, you never know when you going to need those new contacts.
- Make time for you – exercise, practice your hobbie, spend more time with family.
As professionals we need to invest in ourself as much as we try to invest on our work areas. Continuous improvement applies to individuals also, be an example for your people!